Go to Home Page
Main Message Board | Treatment Discussions | Polls | MC FAQs | Recipes | Information Sites | Medication Info | Diet Info | Jokes | Photo Gallery
  Username:    Password:      Remember me       
MICROSCOPIC COLITIS SUPPORT Forum Index

You can get your life back
MICROSCOPIC COLITIS SUPPORT
Discussion and Support Forum for Collagenous Colitis, Lymphocytic Colitis, Microscopic Colitis, Mastocytic Enterocolitis, and Related Issues

MICROSCOPIC COLITIS SUPPORT Forum IndexVisit the Microscopic Colitis Foundation Website

The only comprehensive book ever written about Microscopic Colitis
Can be ordered at any bookstore or library
 FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ChatChat   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 World Time Clock--Time ZonesPotty People T-ShirtsPrivacy Policy
Google
SearchSearch The Archives of This Discussion Board
My Enterolab Panel C test results
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic       MICROSCOPIC COLITIS SUPPORT Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions about CC, LC, and MC
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldubois7
Rockhopper Penguin
Rockhopper Penguin

User's local time:
2017 Aug 24 - 12:58 AM

Food Intolerances : Gluten, dairy, eggs, soy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used his valuable time and we have worked together on a solution...it's ongoing....but thank you for the help & recipes! flower smiley

LC Oct. 2012
MTHFR gene mutation and many more....
mcnomore
Gentoo Penguin
Gentoo Penguin

User's local time:
2017 Aug 23 - 10:58 PM

Food Intolerances : not sure yet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know what you decide to change in your diet. I didn't mean to end our conversation when I suggested you contact Tex, it's just that he knows all about this and I only know about salicylates and what I've done in order to feel better.
Rockhopper Penguin
Rockhopper Penguin

User's local time:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...you mean I have found someone with the salicylic issue? Yipeeeeee! Well, I didn't mean to sound happy that you have the same issue....just someone with the knowledge!

I would appreciate any suggestions! I got rid of all my cosmetics that contain it.

I'm trying to eat food low in it, too, but any help is appreciated!

Tex and I have put our heads together, more than a few times, trying to get me to remission....we'll get it right one day soon. Wink

LC Oct. 2012
mcnomore
Gentoo Penguin
Gentoo Penguin

User's local time:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several years ago I had a weird rash all over my face and neck, dermatologist gave me meds that made it worse. I forget why I decided it was related to salicylates, but I did and changed all my cosmetics, lotions, soaps, etc. and rash went away.

I then decided to eat foods that were low in sals as well just in case because I was having G.I. problems, but didn't know they were due to mc even though I had been diagnosed. My doc thought I had IBS along with mc and that was why I had multiple bm each day. I kept looking for answers.

I didn't know until about two months ago that I needed to go gluten-free and dairy-free or that diet could help my symptoms. Now I am pretty much fine, in fact feel better than I have since I was 20 and I am 70. But I was better, but not fine until I stopped eating vegies.
Rockhopper Penguin
Rockhopper Penguin

User's local time:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry that GI docs don't understand MC and the food connection! It's so sad that you had to figure it all out by yourself.

But, basically that's what I am doing. My GI just says...I'll see you in 6 months...or, do you want meds....fatigue and joint aches are part of MC....he did want to send me to an allergist after I showed him my Enterolab results, but by that time I found this forum and have been figuring out my own body myself.

Thanks for chatting with me. Let's keep the connection open! I only ate cooked celery (took out carrots & green beans) today...so we'll see what the morning brings....

LC Oct. 2012
mcnomore
Gentoo Penguin
Gentoo Penguin

User's local time:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only eat meat and the millet bread I make. I will wait a few weeks to add something back in.

I'm thrilled to be hungry after so many years.
Gentoo Penguin
Gentoo Penguin

User's local time:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How often do you have symptoms now?
Rockhopper Penguin
Rockhopper Penguin

User's local time:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fatigue and joint aches have improved considerably, but I'm not having norms. I only go about twice a day, but it's floaty/gassy. I still get some bloating in the evening, so I know I'm not healed and keep tweaking to see if a food is causing the irritation.

LC Oct. 2012
mcnomore
Gentoo Penguin
Gentoo Penguin

User's local time:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you on any meds?
Rockhopper Penguin
Rockhopper Penguin

User's local time:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't like meds, and they don't like me. It seems I have adverse reactions, so I have just gone the natural route. :) Did you do meds?

LC Oct. 2012
mcnomore
Gentoo Penguin
Gentoo Penguin

User's local time:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was put on sulfasalazine (in 2007) at first, but that caused my white blood count to drop to 700 so then I was put on Asacol in 2008, but I didn't know about the diet connection back then.

Went off Asacol in 2011 and concentrated on my diet and allergies (with an allergist) and figured out a lot of things I couldn't eat, but still didn't know about the diet/mc connection. I had multiple movements every day starting in April of 2008 after going on Asacol. Those had stopped, along with the watery D when I was on Sulfasalazine.

Continued with Multiple loose stools, but they got worse and I began to have dizziness, weight loss, and higher bp in March 2013. At that same time, my allergist had been doing research on gluten sensitivity and did some tests which were positive so I went gluten free on 4/30. Shortly after that I went dairy-free. I was already corn, soy, and egg free for a couple of years.

On 6/8 my G.I. doc put me back on Asacol and within 2 1/2 weeks I was pretty much fine except for once a week when I would have multiple stools, but not loose any longer.

As of now, I feel great for 5 or 6 days and then have one day of multiple stools and am wondering whether it's the Asacol because it is a salicylate drug.
Rockhopper Penguin
Rockhopper Penguin

User's local time:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you figure out you had sensitivity to salicylics?

LC Oct. 2012
mcnomore
Gentoo Penguin
Gentoo Penguin

User's local time:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were two different times. The first was just before I was diagnosed with mc and I was searching for answers as to why I had the D. I learned about salicylate sensitivity and I was living in Santa Monica, CA at the time and there was a pharmacy in the town next door that was all about salicylates, Fibropharmacy.com or Marina del Rey Pharmacy. The whole store had sal-free products, not foods.

The D stopped pretty much in the month before I was diagnosed either because I was gluten and dairy free as well as sal free or?? After being diagnosed I went back to gluten and dairy, but tried to limit the sals in my diet.

Limiting sals in my diet may have been the reason my symptoms didn't get super bad between 2008 and March 2013. I began adding in more vegies and fruits in the beginning of 2013 so whether it was the fiber or the sals or both I don't know.

The second time was when I had a rash all over my face and neck and the meds the doc gave me made it worse. I took the chance that it was salicylates and changed all my cosmetics, soaps, lotions, shampoos etc. and the rash went away immediately.
Post new topic      Reply to topic    MICROSCOPIC COLITIS SUPPORT Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions about CC, LC, and MC All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: