Go to Home Page
Main Message Board | Treatment Discussions | Polls | MC FAQs | Recipes | Information Sites | Medication Info | Diet Info | Jokes | Photo Gallery
  Username:    Password:      Remember me       
MICROSCOPIC COLITIS SUPPORT Forum Index

You can get your life back
MICROSCOPIC COLITIS SUPPORT
Discussion and Support Forum for Collagenous Colitis, Lymphocytic Colitis, Microscopic Colitis, Mastocytic Enterocolitis, and Related Issues

MICROSCOPIC COLITIS SUPPORT Forum IndexVisit the Microscopic Colitis Foundation Website

The only comprehensive book ever written about Microscopic Colitis
Can be ordered at any bookstore or library
 FAQFAQ  RulesRules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ChatChat   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 World Time Clock--Time ZonesPotty People T-ShirtsPrivacy Policy
Google
SearchSearch The Archives of This Discussion Board
Update meal plans

Post new topic   Reply to topic       MICROSCOPIC COLITIS SUPPORT Forum Index -> Meal Suggestions
 View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janie
Gentoo Penguin
Gentoo Penguin
United States

User's local time:
2017 Dec 10 - 11:19 PM

Food Intolerances : Gluten, Dairy, Soy and chicken eggs so far

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Update meal plans Reply with quote

Can everyone that wants to, update the eating plan they use all day long? I've read everyone on this site ideas but some seem to have more healing than me. But I get hungry and sometime meat doesn't cut it. I eat it 3 times a day with well cooked veggies and broth. animated cat How about snacks in between the meals.
Adélie Penguin
Adélie Penguin

User's local time:
2017 Dec 11 - 1:19 AM

Food Intolerances : gluten, fiber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my meal plan

Breakfast:
1-2 bananas + cooked white rice, tablespoon of chia seeds,1-2 spoons of cocconut butter/oil everything mashed like puding.
This is same every day, dunno what to eat for breakfast really. + mint tea

Snack: rice chex + banana or banana pancakes ( 2 engridents), but banana always.

Lunch: some meat with veggies, sweet potato or with rice, or meat/fish soup.

Dinner: same as lunch

pretty basic as you see.
Gabes-Apg
Emperor Penguin
Emperor Penguin

User's local time:
2017 Dec 11 - 5:19 PM

Food Intolerances : Gluten, Yeast, Caesin, Soy, salad/raw veges and fruit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snacks between meals;

- rice protein powder
- home made savoury pancake thingys that i make using my safe flours, home made bone broth, pre cooked ground meat (can eat them warm or cold)
- pre cooked meats (histamine is not an issue for me)

meals
breakfast - stew - made with home made bone broth, gound meat and veges (I do cook up on the weekend and freeze this into day/2 day portions

lunch dinner - protein and veges whether it be roasted, as a soup, or just lightly grilled.
when I do a pan of roast chicken and veges, i do extra veges that i use for these meals.

my safe proteins; lamb, salmon, eggs (free range from friends so the feed is soy and wheat free), chicken, avocado, grass fed beef once a week, fish (mostly via friends/family from safe sources) bacon (low nitrate)

There are recipes for paleo muffins that you can make and freeze individually, adjust the ingredients to suit your safe foods.
you can also make a frittata type slice using safe cooked vegetables / safe proteins - if you can tolerate eggs make it with eggs, otherwise use safe flour and egg replacement to bind it together into a savoury slice. again this will freeze well in portions

hope this helps

"Anything that contradicts experience and logic should be abandoned"
Dalai Lama
Erica P-G
Rockhopper Penguin
Rockhopper Penguin

User's local time:

Food Intolerances : Gluten, Dairy, Eggs, Soy, Tuna, Beef, Oat, Almonds, Walnuts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some variations that I have been doing and basically ever since I paired my food way back are:

Breakfast - Safe Vegan GF bread 1 slice toasted crunchy with some Earthbalance Soy free and a small helping of Natural Deli Turkey nitrate hormone free and Ald/coconut milk with my supplenents.

Lunch - Cornish hen GF noodle soup with carrots that I have prepared ahead of time and is frozen and when I get to work I add some steamed rice some times or a piece of Vegan GF bread with some tuna on it.

Dinner - Pork chop over white rice with some coconut aminos (this can be googled and is soy free and tastes good only need a little bit) or a little veganaise and sea salt.

I have a snack every so often but they are rice chips or I snack on cereal rice chex, or Arrowead Mills maple buckwheat flakes.
Janie
Gentoo Penguin
Gentoo Penguin
United States

User's local time:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I eat about the same things that everyone eats. I have 2 restaurants that make Salmon for me and well cooked veggies if we go out. I also tolerate raspberries but just a few for a fruit taste. Gabes I make Paleo muffin recipe from here and froze some brownies from Orgran.
Emperor Penguin
Emperor Penguin

User's local time:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janie
hang in there

even after 7 years I have periods where I crave/wish for something different, a change etc.
and there are times i am really hungry and other days where i get by on two meals (semi fasting)
when you feel hungry are you drinking additional water?

Dalai Lama
Janie
Gentoo Penguin
Gentoo Penguin
United States

User's local time:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drink plenty of water 2nd to a positive tilt table test for my heart. So I just keep rotating the same foods and I do ok. I try to plan a snack in between meals. All and all I doing good (Knock On Wood). Area 51 is pretty quiet. Very Happy
Emperor Penguin
Emperor Penguin

User's local time:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are tolerating coffee, there is the option of the 'bulletproof coffee' concept (by Dave Asprey) by putting some grass fed ghee or coconut oil in your coffee, is like 3 hours of energy etc.

I do this on the days that I only have 1-2 meals. the coconut oil that is low scent/low flavour works really well.

some info
https://blog.bulletproof.com/bulletproof-coffee-recipe/

Dalai Lama
Post new topic      Reply to topic    MICROSCOPIC COLITIS SUPPORT Forum Index -> Meal Suggestions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: